Battery Recycling Service
We are currently one company carrying export permit on various waste batteries in New Zealand. Commonly used batteries (household and industrial) can be accepted.
We are initiating battery recycling within New Zealand to reduce the amount ending up in our landfill where heavy metals and toxic substances can leak into the grounds when battery corrodes causing water and soil pollution. Batteries are made from important resources so recycling battery can recover valuable materials.
Introducing our Battery Bucket Back (BBB) System
You can purchase the Battery Bucket through our website.
Please click below button to purchase one and help to save our environment!
Order it & Fill it & Ship it
Click here to check Terms and Conditions
Upcycle is the only waste battery recycler to be certified with ISO 45001, ISO 14001, and ISO 9001. ISO shortened for International Organization for Standardization is an international standard-setting body composed of representatives from various national standards organizations.
Our ISO14001: Environmental Management System is all about minimizing any negative impacts on the environment, complying with applicable environmental laws and regulations, and continually improving in these areas.
At Upcycle, we do what is right for the environment, ISO certified proven.
– Use only the type of battery specified by the manufacturer on the device.
– Always store batteries in a dry place in a room temperature.
– Place batteries in the device in a correct way. (+ve and –ve terminal)
– Keep batteries away from children and pets. – Do not store waste batteries in a metal container.
– To store waste batteries for recycling, all terminals must be taped to avoid short-circuiting.
– Do not attempt to recharge non-rechargeable batteries.
– Always turn the device off before removing batteries.
– Do not overheat the batteries.
– Battery leak can be caused by trying to recharge disposable cells, mixing battery types, mixing new batteries with old batteries, overheating, storing batteries in damp environment and leaving batteries in the device during long term storage.